Website Department of Agriculture
- Advise other Agency inspectors, supervisors and officers on inspection and enforcement matters for which you are involved.
- Have contact with plant managers, owners and others to explain legal and regulatory requirements, discuss operation of the plant’s SSOP, HACCP plan and other food safety programs.
- Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining non-compliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement action, where warranted.
- Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
- Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plant’s corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in non-compliance, or if enforcement action is warranted.
- Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishment’s Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
- Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation (Non-Compliance Records) of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
- Work with a variety of individuals to resolve problems, clarify differences of interpretation concerning HACCP and other food safety or consumer protection requirements.
- Communicate and defend determinations on non-compliance issues and discuss plans for addressing non-compliance.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI).
- Must submit a resume documenting 52 weeks of specialized experience.
- Training as a condition of employment (TCOE) is required. You must begin the training within 90 days of the effective date of your selection, and you must successfully complete it within 12 months of the effective date of your selection.
- Selectee may be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Company: Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A