Website Department of Agriculture
This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management’s Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
- Utilizes soil-landscape relationships to systematically map and describe the way soils occur in the landscape.
- Identifies and acquires the appropriate spatial data layers necessary to create and maintain a digitally-based soils map.
- Determines and applies principles, practices, and methods to apply plant species identification and the use of plants as indicators of soil type, ecological sites, and soil-site and topographic relationships.
- Assists Soil Scientist and/or the MLRA Soil Survey Leader to document soil-plant relationships, collect production estimates for crops, trees and grasses and develop/gather other information for ecological site descriptions.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Satisfactory Background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year trial period.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Duty Location may change based upon training needs or upon conversion to competitive service.
Company: Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A