Website U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
The positions are located in the Office of Field Operations. This is an open continuous announcement that is used to collect applications for a VRA specific apprenticeship program from applicants and fill vacant positions as they become available. If selected you will serve as an apprentice for one year with eligibility to be converted to a non-temporary appointment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship program.
- Play a role as a valued member of a dynamic team that ensures the product is fit to eat and compliant with Federal laws.
- Perform their duties before and after slaughter, guaranteeing that the product is not contaminated.
- Examine food animals in privately-owned meat or poultry plants.
- Maintain sanitation procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a NACI security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 every Federal employee is required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of that employee’s choosing.
- Selectee may be subject to satisfactory completion of a one year probationary or trial period.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
Company: Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A