Website U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
This position is located in the Specialty Crops Program, Specialty Crops Market News Division field office. The assigned office is responsible for collecting, analyzing, preparing, and releasing market news data for fresh fruits, vegetables, and specialty crops. In this position, you will serve as a Specialty Crops Market Reporter responsible for covering a large portion of assigned markets with increasing responsibility at each grade level.
- Contacts the many firms by face-to-face or telephone interviews, in collecting and analyzing information relative to general and specific market conditions.
- Prepares and disseminates a number of daily, weekly, monthly, and special market reports covering local sales on the wholesale market or information that may be of interest to the trade.
- Reconciles each price quotation to the originating growing area by commodity unit of sale, size, variety, grade and other distinguishing factors.
- Keeps abreast of general economic informational material and new developments and trends in the marketing of fruits, vegetables, and specialty crops.
- Studies daily and seasonal operations as well as market reports from various widely scattered and distant production areas.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate daily market information for fruits and vegetables.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Individuals who were born male after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Company: Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A