Website U.S. Geological Survey
As a Program Officer within the Rocky Mountain Region, some of your specific duties will include:
- Assuring that the Region’s scientific program and resource needs are directly related to the appropriate action officials in a timely manner.
- Developing scientific position and planning papers and conceiving, developing and implementing state-of-the-art interdisciplinary scientific programs within the Region.
- Developing networks, alliances, and facilitating and motivating participation/cooperation within team and partners, both internally and externally to the Region.
- Representing the Regional Director on Bureau and interagency groups concerned with the organization and management of Federal and international science programs.
- Coordinating the strategic results measurements for science excellence, science impact and science leadership.
- Contributes to the review of science programs within the Region.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver’s license & safe driving record.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
Company: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lakewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A