Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed.
- Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A