Are you a skilled writer, editor, or public affairs professional who would like to make a smart career move within the federal government? Are you looking for a workplace that provides work-life balance, career advancement opportunities, and a diverse workplace culture? Apply for this Public Affairs Specialist role at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), which consistently ranks as one of the best places to work in the federal government!
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Communications Officer (OCCO), United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Write and edit a wide variety of communications (including press releases, webpages, speeches, talking points, blog posts, and social media posts) for distribution and presentation to the news media, USPTO stakeholders, and the general public.
- Identify the public’s information needs and develop materials that will communicate agency programs to the public at varying levels of comprehensiveness and detail.
- Support the design and implementation of comprehensive, nationwide campaigns to convey information about USPTO programs and initiatives to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Gather, analyze, and present information for use by higher level specialists in developing communication plans.
- Interact with various members of the media and public with often conflicting and divergent points of view.
- Support the development and maintenance of an extensive list of media contacts in an electronic database.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Your resume and question responses must demonstrate the job-related KSAs.
- You must meet the definition of specialized experience.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Suitable for Federal employment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A