Do you have a J.D., bar membership, and past experience at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office? Are you considering returning to continue your experience as Trademark Attorney Advisor? This position is for you!
The USPTO is consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government! The positive work culture at the USPTO is based on innovation, work-life balance, diversity, and more. This position is located in the Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks, Trademark Examining Groups.
- Completely examine applications for the registration of trademarks to ensure compliance with the Trademark Act of 1946 and related statutes. Issues that may arise during the examination include: likelihood of confusion, ownership, use of the mark in commerce, descriptive or generic uses of the mark, acquired distinctiveness, functionality and/or ornamentation.
- Conduct the review of applications which may pose complex factual and legal questions; analyze the record; evaluate facts; and determine questions of law.
- Approve a mark for publication for opposition or issue the final position of the Agency.
- Communicate with mark owners or outside counsel in order to resolve issues that arise during examination.
- Prepare cases for ex parte appeal to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- There are telework eligibility options once you are fully trained in this position.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- You must meet the definition of professional and specialized experience.
- You must possess a Law Degree and an ACTIVE bar membership of any state.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Must be suitable for federal employment.
- Confidential Financial Disclosure filing is required for this positon at the GS-13 and GS-14 grade levels.
- To see what must be included in a complete application, review the “Required Documents” section of the USAJobs announcement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A