Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
The Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse in the Veteran’s Health Education Coordinator (VHEC) role. The VHEC falls under the Education Service and reports directly to the Designated Learning Officer. The VHEC collaborates with other employees to initiate improvement in education. The VHEC serves as a role model and educator. The VHEC collaborates with staff to initiate improvement in care and delivery, to identify and resolve identified issues.
- Functions as the designated focal point, coordinator, advocate, and liaison for all Veterans and family health education initiatives, programs, and activities.
- Works with facility management to assure that the Veterans Health Education Program contributes to the facility’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrates leadership, experience, and creative approaches to the development and management of the Veterans Health Education Program.
- Provides consultation and training to interdisciplinary staff members regarding evidence-based health education interventions and skills, and health education program development to assure that Veterans health education programs, activities, and services meet quality standards.
- Serves as the principal point of contact for all Veterans health education communications and reporting within the facility, among the facilities in the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN), with the Office of Veterans Health Education and Information (VHEI), and other program offices.
- Serves as an Educational Champion for the Employee Whole Health Program and will be responsible for attending the Whole Health Committee, which in turn, reports to the Whole Health Steering Committee. The incumbent will devote a portion of their time functioning as an educator within the facilities Employee Whole Health program. Coordinates ongoing program evaluation and data-driven quality improvement projects to monitor the effectiveness of the Employee Whole Health Program
- Completing an orientation within 90 days of hire or appointment to the position. Planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the overall VHEI program at the facility(ies) and all CBOCs. Ensuring that VA medical facility VHEI programs and services are Veteran-centered.
- Leading VA medical facility efforts for VHA-wide Veteran-centered health education programs, products and resources including new patient orientation, the Veterans Health Library (VHL), self-management programs and other interventions and initiatives that include health education.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Harrisonburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A