Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Demonstrate sound decision making skills, both clinical and administrative, which bring credit to the profession and serve to enhance the distinctive and contributory role of physicians.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age l 8- 65 and older adults age 65+ as assigned by Chief, Medicine Service.
- Provides guidance and supervision for the medical students and residents (interns, residents, and/or fellows) assigned to Medicine
- Service/subspecialty services and clinics according to the standards outlined in Center Policy Memorandum, 11-4, “Supervision of Postgraduate Residents,” when assigned to do so by the Chief, Medicine Service.
- Facilitate the delivery of appropriate patient care in collaboration with other health professionals, medical center staff, and management.
- Maintains clinical privileges in the areas of his/her expertise and in all areas required to carry out the duties of his/her assignments/responsibilities within Medicine Services.
- Provides guidance and support to the nurse practitioners assigned to Medicine Service in their respective areas of expertise.
- Serves as acting chief of the section (if appropriate), as needed.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A