Website Western Area Power Administration
This position is part of the WAPA-RMR-Rocky Mountain Region. As a Public Utilities Specialist, you will develop, negotiate, and administer contracts for electric service; transmission services; facility additions, modifications, operation and maintenance; power purchases or sales; renewable energy programs and miscellaneous arrangements.
- Prepare, review, analyze, and evaluate complex studies and technical reports involving marketing criteria, integrated resource planning, system planning, operational studies, and utility economic reports, which may be used for the negotiation and administration of power sales, transmission, and facility contracts.
- Make recommendations regarding power marketing principles and policies, proposes contract revisions to enhance Western’s power marketing program, and, where appropriate, analyze the effects of these recommendations on revenues received. Represent Western in meetings with various customers, customer groups, and other stakeholders. Such meetings maintain customer familiarity with Western policy matters, contractual commitments, other Western activities, and available services. Make presentations at meetings and conferences and prepares reports of meetings and customer interaction.
- Maintain positive customer relationships through personal visits, telephone conversations, and correspondence. Advise customers on changes in policy, activities, and available services. Explain agency policy regarding administration of contract terms and assists customers in formulating complex arrangements to accomplish power deliveries from multiple sources in a manner economically and structurally compatible with these policies.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by a background investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If you are selected for this position, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or prior to onboarding, if hired after November 22, unless you request a legally required exception from this requirement.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- As part of onboarding, you will need to submit DOE’s Certification of COVID-19 Vaccination for Prospective Federal Employees attesting to truthfulness that you are fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021, or prior to onboarding, if hired after November 22, 2021.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Company: Western Area Power Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Loveland, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A