Website Whole Foods Market
Performs all duties related to cake, tart, pastry, and special-order decoration. Creates appealing designs on all specialty bakery goods. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Produces in-house products to daily par levels, as specified on production sheets.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices bakery products for sale.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Completes production and spoilage records, adjusting production sheets to maintain sufficient product.
- Assists with production of all mandatory bakery products (i.e. parfaits, bars, cupcakes).
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Creatively decorates all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special-order items.
- Monitors product quality for freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Good cake decorating skills (ability to make flowers and decorative borders; knowledge of elegant piping techniques).
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A