Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Grocery team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the grocery floor and displays, and selling product in support of WFM standards. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and stocking shelves. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Stocks and cleans grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Monitors and prevents spoilage and communicates waste to buyers, Team Leaders, and shift supervisor.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A