Website Whole Foods Market
Responsible for preparing income, balance sheet, consolidated and various other Accounting statements and reports. Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the Accounting of assets, liabilities and expenditures. Prepares, reviews and verifies accuracy of journal entries and Accounting classifications assigned to various records and account reconciliations. Determines and updates, as necessary, proper cost center requirements and rollup structures. Assists in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue in accordance with company policy and accepted Accounting practices. Advises leadership in terms of financial reporting, tracking and performance.
- Work to improve upon collection, interpretation, and application of critical data points that may affect lease accounting.
- Analyzes, creates, and posts journal entries ensuring accuracy of the general ledger.
- Ensure the review and analysis of key occupancy accounts is completed and appropriate communication to business partners is provided, as needed.
- Work with various business partners, including Amazon, to provide information on Lease related accounting.
- Partner with the technology team to enhance lease financials application.
- Review legal documents to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is applied; ASC 842, ASC 606, etc.
- Lead the close process ensuring accuracy, compliance, and completeness of Lease related accounts (both income statement and balance sheet).
- Work with the Lease Administration Teams to ensure accuracy of Lease accounting tasks.
- Assist in documenting processes, procedures, and routines related to ASC 842.
- Perform and review account reconciliations.
- Ability to work within multiple systems and see opportunities for improvements.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Understanding of lease accounting standard ASC 842.
- CPA certification preferred, but not required with a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred and 4 to 6 years of related experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to review, interpret, understand, and analyze lease language.
- Ability to use Excel at a high level including vlookups, pivots, and macros.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use Access is a plus.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A