Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Prepared Foods team to include preparation, counter service, sanitation, and stocking of products. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Bails and consolidates recyclables.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Cuts, prepares, and serves a variety of hot and cold foods, including meats, cheeses, sandwiches, burritos, wraps, salad, and pizza.
- Stocks hot and cold cases and displays with prepared foods from kitchen, walk-in preparation, and refrigerators.
- Assists Team Leader in organizing and displaying volume and seasonal items.
- Samples products to customers.
- Checks in-stock product dates to ensure freshness and rotates when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A