Website Whole Foods Market
Prepares and bakes high quality goods consistent with WFM’s quality standards. Performs all duties related to mixing, dividing, shaping, proofing, and baking bread and bakery products. Provides leadership and mentorship to bakers and other Team Members in the department. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Routinely assess production outcomes to ensure Enterprise scratch bread program quality is maintained.
- Monitors product quality and freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Develop, adjust and communicate daily production schedules with other bakers and team.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices products for sale.
- Maintains accurate mix times, temp logs, and production records.
- Ensures consistency of daily production in terms of quantity and quality of finished products.
- Mixes, divides, shapes, proofs, and bakes bread and other bakery products to approved Whole Foods Market specifications.
- Models and delivers outstanding customer service.
- Mentors, coaches, and trains all other bakers on proper execution of relevant bread and bakery programs to maintain consistency and quality standards.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Ability to follow a recipe.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for WFM products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot bread production issues and provide appropriate solutions.
- Thorough product, production, and equipment knowledge for all bakery production items, especially scratch bread.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to visually examine products and quality for freshness.
- Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Qualification & Experience:
- 14+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A