Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the meat team to include duties related to counter service, stocking, and sanitation in the meat department. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by checking quality, keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked, rotating and removing out-of-date products, filling ice tables, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Cleans cases, glass, signs, uprights, coolers, smokers, floors, and drains as required.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Proactively reads labels and familiarizes oneself on various products.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Assists with periodic inventory checks.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A