Website Whole Foods Market
Performs all functions related to proper food preparation and maintenance of the cold case, fresh pack, salad, and hot bars. Ensures food quality and presentation and performs duties related to stocking and sanitation. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards; ensures walk-ins and freezers are clean and organized.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Prepares food items for the cold case, fresh pack, salad, and hot bars according to production sheets.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes in a timely manner.
- Prepares food items according to recipe to ensure quality and consistency.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ensures that all prepared items are labeled, dated, covered, monitored for quality and freshness, and rotated.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Good basic math skills.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow a recipe.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Good understanding of food production and fundamental cooking techniques.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A