Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Specialty team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Specialty floor and displays, and selling product in support of the regional Specialty vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Surprises and delights customers with consistent and delicious food.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Monitors spoilage and supply waste to minimize impact on department expenses.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well-stocked.
- Ensures temperature, sanitation and sweep logs are completed. Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Accesses information about market conditions and communicates to customers.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Engages in positive and proactive selling.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Working understanding of Specialty department and team and WFM quality goals.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Fe, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A