Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Specialty team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Specialty floor and displays, and selling product in support of the regional Specialty vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well-stocked.
- Ensures temperature, sanitation and sweep logs are completed.Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Monitors spoilage and supply waste to minimize impact on department expenses.
- Accesses information about market conditions and communicates to customers.
- Surprises and delights customers with consistent and delicious food.
- Maintains back stock in good order.
- Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Engages in positive and proactive selling.
- Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
- Working understanding of Specialty department and team and WFM quality goals.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Strong attention to detail
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A