Responsible for planning and conducting audits of internal controls covering a broad range of the Company’s operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures and governmental and legal requirements. Performs financial and accounting auditing duties of a highly developed nature requiring advanced professional knowledge and experience in auditing principles and practices. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis techniques. Demonstrated creativity in identifying the “so what”.
- Follows policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard the information resources.
- Develops and analyzes recurring business metrics to identify risks and anomalies in financial and operational business processes.
- Conversant in SQL and other relational database analytical tools, as well as willingness to pick up new skills in this area.
- Explores data sets using sophisticated problem solving and prescriptive techniques to find actionable insights and themes.
- Utilizes analytical skills to perform exploratory analysis, deep dive outlier analysis and anomaly detection.
- Demonstrates and documents use of appropriate methods for obtaining, validating, and interpreting data for audit purposes.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Determines when and how to use quantitative research tools and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address business problems and risk areas.
- Anticipate requirements, operate with a sense of urgency, and have the ability to adapt to scope and requirement change quickly.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A