Are you passionate about reliable and programmable networks? Would you like to work on projects with tangible impact? Be a part of a team of developers leading innovation in network audit and configuration compliance for one of the largest Internet Service Providers in the world. As the technical lead of a team of highly experienced engineers, accountable for the design, development and availability of Comcast Audit & Release Management Automation, CARMA, you will challenge your technical skills and be a part of uncharted territory in network innovation. As the technical lead of CARMA, you will join an expert team of engineers that are responsible for developing and maintaining a configuration audit capability that’s the cornerstone for configuration release across the entire production network, which is comprised of approximately 15,000 routers, 4 vendors and dozens of platforms. These devices span 28 regional networks across the nation and provide the core infrastructure for all production services Comcast offers, both Residential and Commercial. In addition, the team builds a multitude of operational tools to help our organization execute their work with more accuracy and in less time.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Presents architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Provides technical leadership and direction as a primary technical resource on CARMA.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, standards, open source projects, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Collaborates with Network Engineering, Network Architecture and Reliability Engineering to build capabilities that improve our ability to manage the production network.
- Provides technical training to operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, deploying, and operating new Software Defined Networking (SDN) applications and other network automation functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of TCP/IP, ISIS, BGP. MPLS
- Application development
- Flask, Vue/React/Angular/equivalent, Database(MySQL, mongoDB), CI/CD
- Python or Java or C++ or any object oriented language, Git, Basic Frontend development(HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, etc)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A