Comcast’s Identity Management team is looking for a dedicated and passionate software engineer with Big Data experience to join our team. If you have experience building scalable and secure applications, are excited about positively impacting millions of users, look no further! In this role, you will help us build, enhance, and support a scalable, reliable and efficient identity management platform for our users using a combination of Public Cloud and on-premise platforms and technologies. You will support and enhance existing product, design and implement new capabilities, and lastly, train and guide the team to ensure that the platform is stable, secure and performant.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and mentorship with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to settle if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Experience in various database administration work like migrating critical database environments from one platform to another, working with high availability, disaster recovery platform, performance tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc, create logical, physical database models, install, up-grade database software, clone & migrate data, re-host on-premises database commercial engines to open source platform on AWS etc.
- Experience in Shell/Perl/ Scripting.
- Assists in supervising and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Trains junior Software Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Collaborates with project partners to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with AWS Dynamo DB is a plus, but not required
- Experience working with database access controls, schema, syncing data between instances, performance testing etc.
- Experience with Ping Identity LDAP server is helpful.
- Excellent understanding of database concepts and working experience with any NoSQL or directory database systems at a large scale in a distributed environment (tens-to-hundreds of millions of objects).
- Proficient knowledge of systems administration skills, in Linux or Windows platforms. Experience with shell scripting.
- Excellent understanding of the internet protocols TCP/IP, UDP, LDAP/LDAPS, SSL/TLS, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A