Website Y-12 National Security Complex
First level manager providing leadership, technical direction and oversight to engineers, technical support personnel, and potentially subcontract employees. Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions and safety awareness, establishing goals, expectations, and priorities and integrates work within the supervised organization. This includes leading engineering resources for problem solving and issue resolution to support the mission at Y-12. Maintains department workload management system to ensure staff is cognizant of cost, schedule, and technical commitments. Advises management of staffing needs necessary to address both forecast and emerging workload. Develops, reviews, and/or approves budgets, proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and related documents required to meet customer needs. Frequent contact with external and internal customers is required. Demonstrated knowledge of, and the ability to manage, using project management techniques such as tracking and trending, scheduling and cost estimating to meet reliability, operability, cost, schedule, and quality expectations. Knowledgeable of engineering principles and their application to risk analysis, qualitative risk assessment, facilities and system operation, and manufacturing processes and systems. Working knowledge of engineering principles and standard industry operation.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Product & Manufacturing department roles and responsibilities along with the Nuclear Weapons Enterprise System.
- Maintains a staff with advanced knowledge of nuclear weapon and special material processes and procedures as well as the ability to lead engineering evaluations of processes.
- Possesses the necessary skill set to lead difficult and complex projects, using executable plans, including all investigative and corrective actions in response to upset events.
- Responsible for budgeting, staffing, and financial performance of assigned work group.
- Responsible for leading successful interactions with equivalent-level and subordinate managers concerning matters of significance to the organization.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
- Application of Conduct of Engineering principles and NQA-1 requirements commensurate with performing work in nuclear facilities
- Familiarity with the applicable national consensus codes, standards, and DOE requirements/guidelines used in the technical management of building systems and infrastructure for nuclear facilities
- Demonstrated skill in effective planning, writing, organization, communication, schedule compliance, and management of technical issues
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a NRC or DOE regulated environment
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A